My waffle maker is the coolest waffle maker on earth. It makes waffle sticks! So, instead of dousing waffles with syrup (and then having them get really soggy) I dunk 'em. It makes my mornings just a wee bit more interesting. Hey, every little bit counts!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Orange Walnut Butter (I didn't make this but I bet it could be tasty!):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.