Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Pumpkin Waffles

I made these waffles the other weekend when I was in super-motivated cooking and baking mode. I made a double batch and stuck them in the freezer to enjoy at work. They are delish!

My waffle maker is the coolest waffle maker on earth. It makes waffle sticks! So, instead of dousing waffles with syrup (and then having them get really soggy) I dunk 'em. It makes my mornings just a wee bit more interesting. Hey, every little bit counts!
Source
Did you know that have a National Waffle Day? How great!

Pumpkin Waffles 
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

     
  • Orange Walnut Butter (I didn't make this but I bet it could be tasty!):
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
  • Maple syrup

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
  • Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
  • Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe from Taste of Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails