Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wheee-kend!

Though it was (still is) a rainy weekend it was also fun and productive. So what if my first attempt at ice cream was a total fail? I am giving it one more try today in the hopes that the third time really is the charm. If not, I wasted cups upon cups of heavy cream and about 45 eggs. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration with the eggs. But I sure did crack a lot of 'em this weekend.

This is what my Candied Bacon ice cream should have looked like. Instead it looks like soup.
(Source)
I consider the weekend to start on Thursday because, well, since I'm back in school I can still be considered a college kid. Right? And college kids start their weekend on Thursday. Right? That's what I thought. I checked out Underground Kitchen now that it FINALLY opened. I only had drinks and the cheese board but it was tasty. The space is amazing and I have a feeling it will be a place I'll go back to over and over and over again. And again.
(Source)
Next up in the weekend of good food was the second annual pumpkin carving party on Friday night along with a chili cook-off. It was like chili heaven. So many good pots full of beans, tomatoes, pork, mango, squash, corn and just about anything else you can think of. My friends don't mess around.

After a very rainy Saturday spent indoors totally conquering my to-do list (AKA kicking it's ass and taking names in the process), my friends and I headed to Spring Green for Furthermore Beer's Shitty Barn Party. Good beer and good times were had by all. Those Furthermore guys really know how to throw a party...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails