Monday, June 14, 2010

Petri Dish...Soap?

Isn't this the coolest soap ever? Does it remind you of your your Chem 101 class?Yeah, sorry about that!

I have a thing for petri dishes and I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe it's the name...I do want to name a puppy Petri. But I think it is also how something that is really thought of as being disgusting (hello, gross diseases hanging out in a small dish) can create a great design. For a long time my screensaver at work was from our Chemistry Department's site....it was an amazing series of eight petri dishes at different stages. All I could think about when looking at them is how it would make a great print series or how I could use them as inspiration for jewelry.

Well, Cleaner Science, a soap shop inspired by science, beat me to the punch with these soaps! And that's ok. I love them. Who doesn't want to clean themselves with a soap called Salmonella?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails