Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baking Bonanza

I like food. Wait, I love food. Sadly, I don't cook or bake often. I've got a pile of Food & Wine and Bon Appetit issues, as well as a few cookbooks. I think I buy them mainly for the pictures. And I'm always finding recipes on-line that I bookmark...and never make!

Things need to change around here. Yes, yes, yes they do.

So, this weekend I baked TWO different things. Can you believe it?? And both were tasty, if I do say so myself.

First up, black bottom cupcakes. These are probably the most perfect dessert. Chocolaty. Creamy. 100% Delicious. I don't think any photograph I could take would do them justice but here's a lovely pic I found.

(Image via Life's Smorgasbord)

Since I had leftover chocolate (always dangerous) and I had a few bananas in the freezer I decided to make chocolate chip banana bread. Now, before you start to wonder about the healthiness of this weekend's baking bonanza, I should let you know that I found this next recipe on Cooking Light. And, let's face it, when baking sometimes healthier is not always better!

The Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread was scrumptious and pretty and yes, healthy. Well, as healthy as chocolatey-bananey bread can be! It was the perfect thing to eat to distract from the miserable Badger game.

Image via Cooking Light)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails