Saturday, April 17, 2010

To Market, To Market

No, 'tis not a fat pig I'm going to buy. Though that would be awesome. I don't think the Dane County Farmers' Market (DCFM) sells whole animals...except rabbits!

The Farmers Market started this morning in Madison! It is one of the most beautiful farmers markets in the country. The DCFM takes place on the Capitol Square and it is the perfect setting for a farmers' market.

This picture, although the best one I could find that had the Capitol building in it, does not do the market justice. Maybe I'll have to amp up my photog skills so I can post some of my own!


With all the veggies and other goodness that I'll be buying, I think it's high time I expanded my culinary skills. There are a few cookbooks out there that would be perfect for all of my farmers' market fare.

(Image via Chronicle Books)
(Image via Varnes & Noble) 

Definitely this cookbook from the Madison Area CSA Coalition 

 (Image via amazon.com)
 This Eat Seasonably calendar is pretty sweet, too.
 (Image via Eat Seasonably)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails