Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy (almost) Hump Day!

It's almost Wednesday. Officially Hump Day. But since Thursday is Thanksgiving and I have Thursday and Friday off, Wednesday, really, is Friday. Oh joy!

I won't be making the trek home for Turkey Day. Instead I'm venturing to Milwaukee this weekend for Art vs. Craft and also going to see the Warhol exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum. I have been to Milwaukee tons of times and have yet to step foot inside this museum. I am so excited! It is bound to be a great day.

But before venturing out for artsy fun I have work to do. Thanksgiving day I will be finishing my never-ending house projects. New pulls for my dresser, painting an accent wall in my bedroom, and refinishing some lamps. I swear I can't have a weekend where I sit around and do nothing.

I struggle with plain white walls. I love seeing uber-modern interiors that are stark white. But I don't live in an uber-modern apartment. Instead, I've got oak trim and lame Benjamin Moore antique white walls. Ugh. I've already painted a ton and don't have the energy, patience or money to paint two entire rooms. Hence, the accent walls. Are accent walls so 1999? If so, I don't care.

Anyway, that's what's on tap for this weekend. I better get some rest so I can be productive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails