Friday, November 20, 2009

Nervous Nelly

If you grew up in a small town you probably are aware that the end of November means deer hunting. This is a concept that I have never understood. Why on earth would anyone want to spend hours and hours sitting outside in the cold waiting for an animal to be dumb enough to show its face? Did I mention it's cold?

Anyway, you might be wondering where I am going with this. A few years ago the antler chandelier and anything else with antlers was THE trend in home decor. Again, didn't get it. See the connection now???

Well, I've found something that reminds me of the antlers but is much more modern and "scientific" (it's the new "green", if you ask me). I am sure these have been on other blogs for the past few weeks....remember, this is only my second post, yo.

Nervous System, founded by two MIT alumni, designs amazing products. And they recently posted pictures of their lamp and vase prototypes which should surely find a spot in my house.

They would probably be offended if they knew someone was comparing their amazing products to antlers but it was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the picture. When you see the jewelry they create you will be amazed. Everything is stunning. Delicate. Clever. Strong. Serious. Awe-inspiring. It is all of that. And I love it. And want it. All.


(Photo from The Cultivated Home)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails