Friday, December 10, 2010

Maggie Leininger

One thing that I really love about taking design classes is the access to a ton of design books. I could literally spend days reading these books, looking at the images, and wondering if I will ever be that talented. Every page brings something new and exciting and it amazes me that people can come up with such creative ideas and projects and actually create something so unique. What I love most, though, is people who find art in the everyday...every day.

I came across a few pages devoted to Maggie Leininger in some fabulous book (maybe Textiles Today???) and wanted to post these images of her hand stitching on various textiles. It's stunning.

I've posted before about artists using microorganisms, cells and petri dishes as inspiration for art and it's obvious I've got a thing for it!


Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails