Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mike's Hot Honey


My recent obsession: Mike's Hot Honey. I am devoting an entire blog post to this and no, this is not a paid endorsement. I don't know Mike either.
I first learned about this amazeballs condiment at Paulie Gee's in Greenpoint. This spicy honey pairs perfectly with a number of their pies, including the Anise and Anephew and the Porkpie. I always order the honey on the side for extra dipping and pouring action. Mike believes that "the eater is empowered by the condiment." So true.

I suggest you all check out this video from Food Curated to get the back story. Although I think your taste buds must experience this honey in real life. No amount of adjectives can convey the amazing-ness of this condiment. I think it would be perfect on turkey. I envision a spicy, salty, sweet juicy turkey bite on a pillowy buttermilk biscuit. It's a bit late notice, but everyone should bring a bottle (or two) to Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow.

Pour it on, friends.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails