Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Bongo Cakes AKA The World's Most Amazing Pancakes Ever

Do I need to say anything else about these other than they are the greatest ever? They're inspired by the pancakes at the Bongo Room in Chicago and this other lovely blogger was great enough to figure out how to recreate them.

I was just talking to a good friend about these after she was talking about making the world's greatest pumpkin pancakes. Or something like that. It doesn't matter. These are the only thing you ever need to eat. I've already got my weekend planned out and it will be based entirely around these pancakes! Want to hear what my plans are? Ok, I'll tell you!

Saturday - wake up and go to the last outdoor Dane County Farmer's Market of the season. Wait, first I'll get coffee here. Then buy tasty veggies since I'm back to making healthy food. Then after I buy healthy veggies I'll come home and make this super unhealthy (but oh-so-tasty!) mountain of pancakes. Then I'll nap until I have to go to work on Monday ;)
Source


White Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Pancakes inspired by The Bongo Room (Chicago)
Serves 2
Pancake recipe from here.

Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup of crushed pretzels
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix together the milk and the vinegar in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes, so that the milk sours.  Meanwhile, combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl.  After the milk has soured, pour it into the dry ingredients and also add the egg and the vanilla extract.  Whisk together all the ingredients until they form a smooth batter.  Mix in the crushed pretzels.  Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-low heat with some butter or oil.  Take 1/4 cup fulls of the batter and cook on a frying pan or griddle until cooked on both sides, flip when the top of the pancake is covered in bubbles, about 2 minutes per side.

Serve with warm caramel sauce and white chocolate sauce and garnish with crushed pretzel pieces and confectioner’s sugar.

Maybe you want to run 74 miles after enjoying these to get rid of some of the guilt? Nahhhhhh.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails