Thursday, February 4, 2010

Croatia

It's getting to be that point in the winter when I really need to take a vacation. Get me out of the Midwest and someplace warm, please. Anywhere, really. Last year around this time I went to Charleston, SC in the hope of getting in a long weekend of sun and fun. Guess what? It snowed while I was there. What???

Sadly, there will be no fun vacation this year so instead I can only dream of the sun and the sand! Whenever I need to think of a beautiful beach destination I think of my trip to Croatia. In the summer of 2007 I was lucky enough to travel to Croatia and Germany for over 2 weeks. Both were wonderful but Croatia was an unexpected surprise. If you've never been there I would suggest you go. Now. It's gorgeous.

Croatia reminded me a bit of Italy but was much more low key. Though it isn't known for its food or museums or any other of the typical tourist attractions, it is still a great vacation spot. In fact, this might be why it is so great. You get to relax without being surrounded by other tourists and you don't feel obligated to visit four museums every day! You are expected to relax. Required, in fact. And isn't that what a vacation is all about?

 
(Image of Hvar Town via bugbog.com) 

  
 (Image of Dubrovnik via bugbog.com) 

 
(Image via euro-tour.blogspot.com)

1 Comments:

Alissa said...

those pics are absolutely gorgeous. makes me wanna go travel! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails