Saturday, December 5, 2009

Geology Rocks!

Who knew the Geology Museum at the University was such a rockin' place?  Ok, the rock jokes are old, I know.

Yesterday my coworker and I meandered on over (in the freezing cold, might I add) to the Geology Museum for their Holiday Sale. It was quite the crowd of rock and gem fanatics.

I bought two pieces of Pyrite, aka Fool's Gold, and two pieces of Leopard Skin Jasper and then headed off to wander through the museum.




This place is such a hidden gem (oooh, nice joke). Seriously, it is. The first room has so many rocks and minerals in the most amazing colors. It is hard to believe that these stunning colors can be found in nature. Oh, and the shapes of many of the minerals. Unbelievable.

I'll definitely be making another trip when I have more time. And when the weather gets warmer!


(Pyrite photo from pitt.edu. Leopard Skin Jasper photo from nstargems.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails