Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Music of 2009

I love end of the year lists and reflecting on the moments, the people, the fashion, and the music of the last 365 days. My favorite, by far, is the lists about the music. A song can remind you of a person, a moment or even a smell. A song can take you back in time.

This is my list of music that I will remember from 2009. I'm not claiming this is The Best Music of 2009 and some is even from 2008 (which, really, is the sign of great music, right?). These are the songs or albums that I couldn't get out of my head. The songs that I never got sick of hearing. This is the music that takes me back to those people and those places and those moments that will always be a reminder of 2009.

Halloween, Alaska - The Ends
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Animal Collective - My Girls
Bon Iver - Blood Bank. How could you not love a song that starts with
"Well, I met you at the blood bank."


Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

Metric - Help! I'm Alive
Heartless Bastards - I freakin' love The Mountain
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home ( my coworkers are probably sick of me whistling this nonstop)
Monsters of Folk

(Images from pastemag.com & monstersoffolk.com)
The Gossip
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody. Somehow I never got sick of this song.
Jay Z - Run This Town & Empire State of Mind. 
T.I.
Mariah Carey - Obsessed (I never in my life thought I would like an MC song so it had to go on the list!)
Solid Gold - Fell in love with this band late last year/early 2009 and especially love Get Over It.
MGMT - the gift that keeps on giving.
Lady Gaga - Oh Gaga, what would the last two years have been without you?

(Image from streetzinc.tv) 
 Brian Eno & David Byrne - Strange Overtones
Gary Louris & Mark Olson - Turn Your Pretty Name Around
Vampire Weekend - Horchata (!) Such a random song but me likey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails